Saturday, May 12, 2018

Just Us Girls #440 - Trend Week

Hi everyone!  It's Trend Week over at Just Us Girls and Angie has us using stencils!
 
I literally have a drawer full of stencils of all kinds!  I chose this butterfly one from a recent Simon Says Stamp kit and instead of using it with ink, I used some Cosmic Shimmer texture paste.  I got it at my LSS and the price tag was placed over the color names, so I'm not sure of that.  But it's a green one and a blue one!  I put some of the green paste on the top two butterflies then mixed some of the green with the blue for the middle one which then transition to the bottom two butterflies in blue.  I had a hard time finding some pattern paper to match, but ended up with this plaid one.  I die cut the hello die four times in white and once in the green.  I added some green and blue crystals.
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our May guest on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Paper:  Recollections white, green galore, Plaid Patterns (MFT)
Accessories:  Butterfly stencil (SSS), Cosmic Shimmer texture paste, Impression Obsession die, crystals, fun foam


9 comments:

Maria said...

Awesome! Those butterflies are amazing! I LOVE that glitter paste! Great job.

Macimbalo said...

Such gorgeous colors and I love your butterflies!!!

Ina G said...

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeutiful stencil blending here Lisa. Those butterflies are stunning. Perfect match with the dp. Love the layered hello and pretty crystals.

cm said...

We're about to embark on Day 2 of bike race officiating (and Day 14 of NOT being in my craftroom...eek!), but popping in to let you know that I'm swooning over your shimmery butterflies! Love the transition from green to blue - and the plaid paper is a wonderful match!
Hugs~c

Nancy said...

Well now I need some shimmer paste! Thanks...I think! :) Stunning card!! The DP is perfect too!

Patti said...

Such a sweet and cheerful card! I love this color combo!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is so pretty with the textured, stenciled butterflies! Love how you blended the 2 colors for the transition. Awesome stacked sentiment die, too!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love your shimmer bflies -- very pretty with the fun plaid border.

Bobby said...

What luck finding that paper, Lisa. It's perfect with those brilliantly blended butterflies.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin